Entering Tuesday’s NBA Draft Lottery, the San Antonio Spurs had a 50.7% chance of landing the 9th pick in the first round of the 2022 NBA Draft.
After each envelope was revealed, the Spurs landed the 9th pick in the first round of the 2022 NBA Draft.
Spurs have four picks for the June draft — 9th, 20th over Toronto, 25th over Boston, and 38th over the Los Angeles Lakers in the second round.
It’s early days, but here are a few prospects in each of the Spurs’ selection areas, which are currently based on various mock drafts.
9. Selection area
20. Selection area
25. Selection area
- 6’3″ Jaden Hardy of the G-League Ignite
- 6’10 “Nikola Jovic of Mega Mozzart
- 6’7″ EJ Liddell of Ohio State
- 6’7″ MarJon Beauchamp of G-League Ignite
38. Selection area
- 6’9″ Leonard Miller of Fort Erie International Academy
- 6’6″ Christian Braun from Kansas
- 6’6″ Max Christie of Michigan State
- 6’6″ Jalen Williams of Santa Clara
- 6’8″ Jake LaRavia of Wake Forest
The NBA Draft will take place on Thursday, June 23, 2022.
Each first-round pick has a cap hold on the team’s cap hand. So for the Spurs, that means there are cap holds for the 9th pick, 20th pick and 25th pick unless they trade a pick or the eventual player doesn’t sign a contract next season.
Second-round picks don’t have cap holds, instead teams can negotiate any type of deal with a second-round pick.