DENVER (KRDO) — The Colorado Avalanche will celebrate their Stanley Cup victory with their fans Thursday in downtown Denver.
The parade begins at 10 a.m. at Union Station. Avalanche players will show fans the Lord Stanley’s Cup as they walk down 17th St. then onto Broadway where the parade will end in Civic Center Park.
A rally begins at 9:00 a.m. in Civic Center Park with live music, a live look at the parade in progress and a highlight reel of the team’s 2021-2022 season. The parade ends at the rally stadium. At that time, Denver Mayor Michael Hancock and dignitaries will present a program honoring the Avs.
The City of Denver is advising fans to leave early as the parade and rally is expected to draw large crowds. Fans are urged to wear sunscreen and drink plenty of water.
The following items are prohibited:
- Alcohol, marijuana and illegal drugs
- Chairs and seating of all kinds
- Blankets, tarps, beach towels, etc.
- Inflatables (beach balls, latex balloons, etc.)
- cans and bottles
- Grills or propane gas
- Weapons (e.g. knives, pepper spray, stun guns, concealed weapons, firearms, etc.)
- Hard-shell containers (cool boxes, briefcases, etc.)
- Air Horns/Whistles/Vuvuzelas
- Animals (except service animals)
- fireworks, smoke bombs, etc.
- Large backpacks, suitcases, beach bags, gear bags, etc.
- Audio/video capture devices (including large cameras and tripods)
- laser pointer
- Police/radio scanner
- skateboards/roller blades